Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 67

Thread: elisabeth and kaya's face mold

  1. #51
    courtneysunshine
    Guest courtneysunshine's Avatar

    Post

    [img]smile.gif[/img] Pat, that was what I was thinking.

    Kim

  2. #52
    Inactive Member lieu2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 21st, 2003
    Posts
    354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes, it could be Lea or Jess. I would think Elizabeth has already been decided and is way into production by now. So I don't think it would be effective to do a survey on a doll that has already been decided on. I was kind of hoping Lea or Jess would be Asian. Especially Lea, because that sort of sounds like my name.

  3. #53
    courtneysunshine
    Guest courtneysunshine's Avatar

    Post

    I don't know what is happening to my short term memory lately. Maybe it is having to much to do. Anyway, didn't someone just post recently about a trademark for a name and we all though it was for a Jewish doll? I don't see blonde hair as necessarily begin a trait of a Jewish person, but maybe the doll won't stay as she is.

    Kim

  4. #54
    Inactive Member rachie421's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    712
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, going back to the original question of Elizabeth having Kaya's face mold, I think one thing we have to remember is that they did use Josefina's face mold, a Hispanic doll, for Nellie, who is Irish of all things! I hadnt thought of that earlier, but I guess that means they are not going to argue that its from another nationality since they have done that already. But I agree that it should be left to Kaya only. Her closed mouth face suits that culture but on any other doll I just dont think it works. Where is on Nellie I think Josefina's face is really cute. On the other hand, I have never seen Nellie in person, so what do I know! [img]confused.gif[/img]

  5. #55
    Inactive Member Molly-Felicity's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2004
    Posts
    471
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm still hoping that AG did not use Kaya's face mold for Elizabeth. It suits her, but I think that's because she is Native American. I personally don't care for Josefina's face mold on Nellie. I think it's great for Josefina and Marisol, but Nellie would have been cuter with the traditional face mold.

  6. #56
    Inactive Member acorniv's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    150
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Okay, I have seen the next doll of the year (between 6 months and a year ago) and all I am saying is she is not the doll they showed recently and I am VERY excited about her. Gorgeous doll. If anyone else has seen her you can pm me because we are allowed to talk to each other, but not generally.

    I still fail to see how Kaya's mold came into the picture - Curt no long er seems to have the mockup, and has anyone else seen scuch a thing?

    Just to throw a monkey wrench in the works, what if they did a doll - I am using Nellie as an example, from the Asian mold? To me Kaya was all wrong, but the Asian doll has an eye shape that could also be Irish.

    Interesting comments about Nellies hair. I come from a redhaired family and was born with the dreaded stuff. I now have a shade of hair that is similar to Nellie's in the book. Depending on who you ask, my hair is blonde, red or brown. If you came from a redheaded family, my hair is red, and so is Nellie's. I thought they did her hair too light, but it is a more Irish red than her drawings. That is more of a Dutch, or Danish red, though of course all shades are found everywhere.

    Felicity ( the later ones) has the same shade hair as Nellie's in the book - interesting nooone has mentioned this, and also that she is seen as a red head, but not the drawing of Nellie. I'd have given Nellie Felicity's color, Kit's cut and a new thinner face mold. The last face mold I'd have given her is Kaya's. It took me several years to warm up to AG's because I prefer a thinner face ( like Magic Attic). And, I might have done an Asian eye shape, and blue green eyes.

    Popsie



    .

  7. #57
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have a feeling the blonde haired doll isn't Lea or Jess because this doll was wearing Colonial clothes and the only doll that came to mind when I saw it was Elizabeth.

  8. #58
    Inactive Member dolldreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 20th, 2005
    Posts
    229
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    wasn't there also a copyright on a name 'Tasha'? I hope they come out with he cause that's my name and I could deal with her being blonde, but not elisabeth.

  9. #59
    Inactive Member lieu2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 21st, 2003
    Posts
    354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have met Jewish people that have dark hair and some with blonde hair. And some with red hair. I think I have met Jewish people with every kind of hair except textured hair.

  10. #60
    rolloverrover
    Guest rolloverrover's Avatar

    Post

    I think I have met Jewish people with every kind of hair except textured hair.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Does anyone here know who the actress Carol Kane is? She used to be on the TV show Taxi and played Andy Kaufman's girlfriend. She's Jewish and has lovely curly/textured hair. Amy Brenneman (sic) from Judging Amy has curly/textured hair too, but Carol Kane has what I would consider corkscrew curls. I would love to have hair like Carol Kane. It's very earthy looking.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •